15th Annual Art & Science of Aging Conference - Friday, February 28, 2020
The PURPOSE of the Art and Science of Aging Conference is to:
- Broaden the dialogue on aging in West Michigan
- Provide new knowledge and skills, derived from multidisciplinary research and evidence-based best practices on healthy aging to the community
- Highlight important local resources and strategies for optimizing later life
- Prepare individuals and professionals in our community for the coming surging growth of older adults
The MISSION of the Art & Science of Aging Conference is to:
- Broaden the dialogue within our West Michigan region on the positive potentials of later life and holistic approaches to healthy aging
- Serve as an interdisciplinary and inter-professional forum of research on aging topics and best practices in working with and for the older adult
Each year the Art & Science of Aging Conference:
- Focuses on a timely THEME
- Features a national expert on this theme as the KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Offers a series of 1-hour sessions by other presenters (faculty and professionals) on aging-related RESEARCH and BEST PRACTICES topics consistent with the theme
- Hosts a PLENARY SESSION to bring all participants back together in celebrating some positive role models of our selected theme
- Offers students a venue to display their research on aging in POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- Offers local VENDORS a setting where they can present aging theme-relevant services or products
- Registered participants enjoy BOX LUNCHES
- LOW registration FEES in order to encourage wide participation
- Allows ON-LINE REGISTRATION
Who is our AUDIENCE?
The conference seeks to enrich the aging-related knowledge base of:
- Faculty and students
- Community professionals who deal with older adults in health, social service, housing and aging network settings
- Older adults themselves, who are looking to learn more and share more of the aging experience
- The general public
ARCHIVAL materials from previous conferences:
Our goal is to share all available resources from past conferences to enrich the aging-related knowledge base of Grand Rapids community and worldwide. We want to encourage multidisciplinary research, while discovering and presenting evidence-based best practices on healthy aging to the community. Please, see below our archive with conference programs, presentation materials of our speakers, and students' research.
What about 2019?
- When: February 22, 2019, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- What: Revisiting Relationships: Intimate, Intergenerational, and More
- Cost: $45.00 for the general public, $35.00 for students and seniors
- CEU's: ALL attendees seeking continuing education units should note that there is an additional $50.00 fee that can be paid in conjunction with the registration fee.
CEU categories: Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy
- Keynote Speaker: Christina Pierpaoli Parker, PhD(c), MA.