13th Annual Art & Science of Aging Conference - Friday, February 23, 2018
The online registration for the conference will open in the fourth week of January.
We will notify all previous attendees via email, as well as those who have subscribed to a newsletter. If you wish to receive email updates about the conference, please follow the link.
The PURPOSE of the Art and Science of Aging Conference is to:
- Broaden the dialogue on aging in West Michigan
- Provide new knowledge and skills, derived from multidisciplinary research and evidence-based best practices on healthy aging to the community
- Highlight important local resources and strategies for optimizing later life
- Prepare individuals and professionals in our community for the coming surging growth of older adults
The MISSION of the Art & Science of Aging Conference is to:
- Broaden the dialogue within our West Michigan region on the positive potentials of later life and holistic approaches to healthy aging
- Serve as an interdisciplinary and inter-professional forum of research on aging topics and best practices in working with and for the older adult
Each year the Art & Science of Aging Conference:
- Focuses on a timely THEME
- Features a national expert on this theme as the KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Offers a series of 1-hour sessions by other presenters (faculty and professionals) on aging-related RESEARCH and BEST PRACTICES topics consistent with the theme
- Hosts a PLENARY SESSION to bring all participants back together in celebrating some positive role models of our selected theme
- Offers students a venue to display their research on aging in POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- Offers local VENDORS a setting where they can present aging theme-relevant services or products
- Registered participants enjoy a BUFFET LUNCHEON
- LOW registration FEES in order to encourage wide participation
- Allows ON-LINE REGISTRATION
Who is our AUDIENCE?
The conference seeks to enrich the aging-related knowledge base of:
- Faculty and students
- Community professionals who deal with older adults in health, social service, housing and aging network settings
- Older adults themselves, who are looking to learn more and share more of the aging experience
- The general public
ARCHIVAL materials from previous conferences:
Our goal is to share all available resources from past conferences to enrich the aging-related knowledge base of Grand Rapids community and worldwide. We want to encourage multidisciplinary research, while discovering and presenting evidence-based best practices on healthy aging to the community. Please, see below our archive with conference programs, presentation materials of our speakers, and students' research.
What about 2018?
- When: February 23, 2018, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- What: The 2018 conference theme is Leave No Elder Behind: Overcoming Barriers to Health Aging
- Cost: $45.00 for the general public, $35.00 for students and seniors.
- CEU's: ALL attendees seeking continuing education units should note that they will require an additional $50.00 fee that can be paid in conjunction with the registration fee. CEU's (pending approval): Social Work, Nursing, Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, Nursing Home Administrators.
- Keynote Speaker: Gwendolyn Graddy-Dansby, M.D., FACP, Medical Director, PACE Southeast Michigan