Watch how Grand Valley is preparing living and learning spaces for the fall.
Search for GE and SWS Courses in MyBanner
How to Use the Advanced Registration Search Function to Search for General Education Categories and Supplemental Writing Skills (SWS)
- Go to gvsu.edu and locate the myBanner link at the top of the page.
- Enter your GVSU User ID and Password.
- Click on "Student."
- Click on "Registration."
- Click on "Student Registration Self Service."
- Click on "Browse Classes."
- Select the appropriate term from the dropdown menu and click “Search.” Be careful to select the correct semester/year.
- Select “Advanced Search” without selecting anything else.
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and look for “Attribute.” Select the type of general education attribute you are looking for. You can select on as many attributes as you want. You have to click on one, go back to “Attribute,” click on the next one, and repeat as needed. Then choose “Search,” which will show all subjects that have a section with the selected attribute. You may also search for SWS (Supplemental Writing Skills) courses or courses that are offered online or in hybrid format.