Get involved. Or give. FOBI welcomes you or your family owned business. You can contact FOBI's Director if you are interested in the following:
- Join our mailing list.
- If you are a family business owner, join our database.
- If you are a family business advisor, you may submit your contact information and three references to be considered for listing on our preferred provider listing.
Become a FOBI Champion
You can make a donation to FOBI or you can also chose to support a specific project:
- FOBI Annual Survey of Family Businesses in West Michigan
- FOBI Economic Impact Study
- FOBI Philanthropic Impact Study
- FOBI Scholar Grants (two $5,000 grants for a research study)
- FOBI Global Family Enterprise Case Competition: Burlington Vermont. Help support the cost of sending a coach and three students to compete in this competition. In 2014, the Seidman GVSU team won the award for the most Innovative and Creative Team (out of 19 teams from 10 countries). In both 2014 and 2015, one of our team members won the award as Best Presenter in our division.
- FOBI Annual Summit: Help underwrite the cost of this conference for family business leaders.
- Under consideration: FOBI Annual Gala Award Dinner for Statewide Awards for Family Owned Businesses: Help underwrite the cost of this award dinner and speaker.
- FOBI Scholar in Residence program: A top family business researcher will collaborate with FOBI and Seidman faculty on research projects. They will also collaborate with students and family business leaders. The Scholar in Residence will reside at FOBI for 2 weeks and a Seidman faculty member will travel to the host university to collaborate on research.
- FOBI Legacy Program: In this research project, FOBI will study the values formed in the family that later impact strategic business and philanthropic decisions.
- FOBI Endowment