Job Opportunities in Higher Education 2023
Academic Recruitment and Retention Coordinator - Exploratory Advising Center, Kent State University
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working to recruit and retain a diverse student population of Exploratory (undecided) students. The individual in this role may work with the following initiatives: serve as the college’s Academic Diversity Outreach representative (working with traditionally under-represented student populations), work with the Exploratory Learning Community, serve as the liaison with Admissions for recruitment needs for the college, and retention initiatives for the college.
Academic Advisor - College of Engineering, MSU
A successful Advisor in this role will
- Engage with engineering students across all majors and all levels to assist with appropriate selection of courses, major declaration, and educational goals.
- Provide full range of resources available to students to assist with their success, well-being, and transition.
- Help prepare incoming engineering students for success by creating individualized course schedules during Summer New Student Orientation Program.
- Collaborate with faculty, advisors, and support staff across the department and University on a variety of projects and initiatives.
- Participate in other student services functions and student engagement activities such as Preview Day with Future Engineers, College Colloquium, and Academic Scholars Program.
- Be a collaborative member of a 12-person advisor team.
- & more!!
Outreach Recruiter, North Central Michigan College
The Outreach Recruiter will assist the Director of Admission in a variety of activities focused on the college's student recruitment efforts and engagement of students, both new and returning, in the North Central experience. The Outreach Recruiter is responsible for carrying out the goals of the College's strategic plan and the department's outreach plan. Efforts include but are not limited to using all available recruitment methods: face-to-face, campus, and community events, and web-based interaction (email, social media, and website). Evenings may be required as well as travel throughout the state of Michigan.
Center for Student Involvement, The University of Missouri (Mizzou)
The Center for Student Involvement encompasses Fraternity & Sorority Life, Student Engagement & Activities, and Leadership & Service. This posting covers several positions including:
- Student Engagement - Campus Activities Programming Board (CAPB)
- Student Engagement - Involvement Ambassadors
- Leadership & Service - Student Government
- Leadership & Service - Student Sustainability Initiatives
Applications are welcome from candidates available to start now through July 1, 2023, including applicants with anticipated 2023 graduation dates and candidates who are available to start by July 1, 2023. Candidates should indicate their areas of interest in their cover letter.
Step Up Program Coordinator, Hope College
Location: Hope College, Holland, MI
Part time: 28 hours/week, 10.5 months/year
Benefits: Retirement with 10.5% matching after 1 year.
Brief Description: Step Up is a community program of Hope College that mentors underrepresented middle school students for academic success and personal potential. The coordinator will oversee the daily program, future program development, and public relations. The coordinator is also responsible for recruiting, supervising, and training around 60 Hope students each year. It is a great mix of higher ed/student affairs and work with public middle schools.
Academic Advisor, Master's Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana
- Master's degree in related field (upon date of hire)
- 2 years in student affairs, teaching, academic advising, or related field. Previous experience in a student-focused, higher education environment is highly desired. (time spent in graduate student positions will count toward this)
- 3 years in student affairs, teaching, academic advising, or related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered