Additional Resources for students
Additional resources for students regarding food, storage, lodging, internet access and more can be found at gvsu.edu/care
Information for Students
Students: Information regarding campus operations, housing, dining, and availability of services can be found below.
- End of semester book buy-back has been moved online.
- Students, faculty and staff who live in the Grand Rapids area and don't have reliable internet service can use Grand Valley's WiFi network by parking in pay-to-park spaces in the Eberhard Center lot and accessing university WiFi. Students living in the Allendale area can use Grand Valley's WiFi network by parking in spaces in the Ravine Center lot near the building. GVSU credentials are required. Students from any other public university in Michigan may use the internet as well, by connecting to the EDUROAM network and using their campus credentials.
- For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through August 4.
- Winter 2020 commencement ceremonies will be held Saturday, October 10, 2020. This date is contingent on the ability to hold large events per state regulations. Graduates may also participate in the fall semester ceremony on December 12, 2020. Graduates will need to complete an RSVP indicating in their selected ceremony. More information is available at gvsu.edu/commencement.
- The Ravine Mail and Package Center is closed. For those living on the Allendale campus, mail and packages are available for pick up from the Facilities Services Building- Central Receiving (North Entrance) location (1220 Service Building, 1 Campus Drive, Allendale, MI) from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Monday - Thursday. All other mail and package questions should be directed to the housing department at 616-331-1060 or email@example.com.
- The Mary Idema Pew Library is closed until further notice.
- If you do not have internet access at your home, many internet providers provide low-cost, high-speed internet access for qualifying customers. If you live in a Comcast/Xfinity service area, if you qualify you may receive two months of the Internet Essentials plan free. Details are available at https://internetessentials.com/. If you live in a Charter service area, call 844-488-8395 for two free months of service.
- If you are having technical difficulty with online learning, contact your professor. If you require assistance with Blackboard, help resources are available online.
- University food services are closed. More information is available at https://www.gvsu.edu/campusdine.
- Alternative food sources are available to students, and are listed at https://www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus/resources-for-students-22.htm
- GVSU bus routes will be running on a modified schedule.
- All housing, dining, and parking refunds have been processed. If you believe you are still entitled to a refund or did not receive reimbursement, please contact Student Accounts.
- Grand Valley has been awarded federal funds and the authority to send those funds directly to students. If you are suffering a financial hardship, you may apply for support. A short application is available at www.gvsu.edu/financialaid/hardshiprequest. Applications are being reviewed as quickly as possible.
- Students involved in credit-bearing work/service experiences (examples: internship, co-op, clinical, student teaching, service-learning, research, independent study, etc.) can find guidance on the Office of the Provost site.
- The university is canceling large events, including events organized by outside groups until further notice. If you have questions about events, contact (616) 331-6620 for events on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus, and (616) 331-2350 for events on the Allendale Campus.
- All campus athletics and recreation facilities will be closed until further notice.
- Be aware that scams are appearing in the unease surrounding COVID-19. Avoid malicious cyberattacks by using tips from Information Technology.
- All spring/summer study abroad programs and courses are canceled, including all faculty-led study abroad programs.
- Students seeking counseling and support services can access these resources.