For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Additional Resources for students
Additional resources for students regarding food, storage, lodging, internet access and more can be found at gvsu.edu/care
Information for Students
Refund information for students
Housing credits for the remote learning period running from March 16 to the end of the winter semester will be sent to student accounts soon. Credits for the remainder of the semester are calculated based on the daily rate for a resident's living assignment. Watch your email for detailed information about this process.
Meal plan credits for the remote learning period running from March 16 to the end of the winter semester will be sent to student accounts soon. Credits are calculated based on unused winter semester meals and unused winter semester and fall semester rollover dining dollars. Watch your email for detailed information about this process.
Parking permits fees and YMCA membership fees will also be refunded on a prorated basis.
Normal refund procedures apply (check or direct deposit) for prorated housing, dining, or parking credits that result in an overpayment to the university. In some cases, credits will pay toward or pay-off an outstanding balance due to the university.
More information regarding academics can be found in this FAQ from the Office of the Provost.
Students: Information regarding campus operations, housing, dining, and availability of services can be found below.
- Remote academic instruction for this semester will continue through April 25, including final exams.
- Residence halls and living centers will close except for highly exceptional student needs. Due to a "stay at home" order from Governor Whitmer, move out will be available only until midnight March 23, and then suspended until April 13. Belongings not removed can be left in assigned rooms for the time being.
- The Ravine Mail and Package Center is closed. For those living on Allendale campus, mail and packages are available for pick up from the Facilities Services Building- Central Receiving (North Entrance) location (1220 Service Building, 1 Campus Drive, Allendale, Mich.) from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Monday - Thursday. All other mail and package questions should be directed to the housing department at 616-331-2120.
- The student tuition payment deadline has been extended until April 24, 2020.
- A limited number of laptops are available for loan from the library. Visit gvsu.edu/library for details. If you do not have internet access at your home, many internet providers provide low-cost, high-speed internet access for qualifying customers. If you live in a Comcast/Xfinity service area, if you qualify you may receive two months of the Internet Essentials plan free. Details are available at https://internetessentials.com/. If you live in a Charter service area, call 844-488-8395 for two free months of service.
- If you are having technical difficulty with online learning, contact your professor. If you require assistance with Blackboard, help resources are available online.
- Limited locations and options for food service on campus will be available. Availability will be updated at https://www.gvsu.edu/campusdine/. Alternative food sources are available to students, and are listed here: https://www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus/resources-for-students-22.htm
- GVSU bus routes will be running on a modified schedule.
- Fees paid for parking permits will be refunded on a prorated basis to student accounts.
- Questions about student employment and financial aid may be answered in this FAQ.
- Students involved in credit-bearing work/service experiences (examples: internship, co-op, clinical, student teaching, service-learning, research, independent study, etc.) can find guidance on the Office of the Provost site.
- The university is canceling large events, including events organized by outside groups. If you have questions on events scheduled between now and May 10, contact (616) 331-6620 for events on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus, and (616) 331-2350 for events on the Allendale Campus.
- All campus athletics and recreation facilities will be closed through April 25.
- Intercollegiate athletics are canceled through at least May 31, per the GLIAC and NCAA
- The Mary Idema Pew Library is closed until further notice. Students wishing to check out a computer should look for information on gvsu.edu/library.
- The Grand Valley Children’s Enrichment Center will remain open.
- Be aware that scams are appearing in the unease surrounding COVID-19. Avoid malicious cyberattacks by using tips from Information Technology.
- Spring term study abroad programs and courses with departure dates between March 11 and June 15 are canceled. Faculty-led study abroad programs scheduled from June 17-August 9 have also been canceled.
- Students seeking counseling and support services can access these resources.