Transfer Courses and Transfer Students

Transfer Courses

Transfer Students

A student transferring to GVSU who plans to become a teacher should meet with a College of Education advisor. The advisor will review the programs offered and help the student determine which program best meets individual career goals. The advisor will also provide information about the minimum admission requirements into the College of Education.

The Undergraduate Teacher Education program is an upper-division professional program. Once a student has met specific requirements for the general education, major, minor and professional program, the student can apply for the College of Education Teacher Assisting program.

A transfer student needs to take EDF 315 as soon as possible upon entering GVSU. During the class, the student will sign a Declaration of Intent form and attend a Group Advising Session.

If a transfer student has previously taken a class that transfers to GVSU as EDF 315, the student needs to contact the College of Education Student Information and Services Center during the first semester at GVSU. The student will complete a Declaration of Intent form and sign up to attend a Group Advising Session. The College of Education advisor is assigned at the Group Advising Session.

Transfer students should also keep in close contact with their major advisor. This advisor will help them become familiar with the requirements for their major course of study.

To schedule an appointment to meet with an undergraduate College of Education advisor, please contact the Student Information and Services Center.