GVSU Climate Change Education Solutions Network is a group of faculty, students, scientists, teachers, and community partners, passionate about student-centered and solution-oriented climate change education for all ages.
A world of thriving resilient communities, living in balance with nature and empowered by knowledge.
To provide a forum for dialogue, collaboration, and sharing of ideas to support solution-oriented climate change education for all ages.
The Climate Change Education Solutions Network Goals:
Launched in May 2018 by a group of GVSU faculty, students, and staff and teachers from West Michigan schools, the Climate Change Education Solutions Network has several interrelated goals:
- To promote collaboration among Michigan schools, colleges, and universities to provide excellent, solution-oriented place-based climate education to all students and our broader community.
- To host an annual interdisciplinary Climate Change Education Solutions Summit on climate change education to strengthen dialogue and collaboration among the higher education and K-12 faculty.
- To develop Michigan Resources for Climate and Land Cover Change (MiRCLE) for high/middle school students.
- To host speaker series, classroom guest lectures, and virtual presentations on climate and environmental change.
- To share scholarly data and educational resources, such as academic publications, climate data, presentations, visualization tools, and videos for classroom use.
- To provide interdisciplinary resources for place-based hands-on curriculum for all grades, relevant for Michigan schools.
- To share information via website and e-Newsletter about new educational materials, programs, resources, and opportunities for teachers and students, relate to climate and environment.
Based at Grand Valley State University, we focus primarily on collaboration with schools and community partners in West Michigan. However, our faculty and students are engaged in climate change education, research locally, nationally, and internationally through partnerships and collaborative projects.
The CCES Network is open to all organizations and individuals interested in climate change education.