Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Nonprofit Administration Minor
What do neighborhood associations, local development corporations, children and youth groups, religious organizations, museums, advocacy and support groups, chambers of commerce, and community clinics all have in common? They are all nonprofit organizations that carry out important public service missions in health, recreation, culture, education, religion, or philanthropy. Thousands of large and small nonprofit organizations in Michigan employ people to work in program and event planning, grant writing, fundraising, public relations, program evaluation, and marketing. The minor in nonprofit administration provides students with knowledge and skills useful in understanding and participating in the work of the nonprofit sector.
Requirements for a Minor in Nonprofit Administration
The minor in nonprofit administration consists of 21 credits.
- PA 270 - Public and Nonprofit Administration Credits: 3
- PA 335 - Grant Writing Credits: 3
- PA 360 - Voluntarism and the Nonprofit Sector Credits: 3
- PA 420 - Organization Theory and Dynamics Credits: 3
- PA 490 - Public Administration Internship Credits: 3
Two more courses are to be selected from the following:
- MGT 355 - The Diversified Workforce Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
- PA 311 - Public Sector Information Technology Credits: 3
- PA 376 - Public Personnel Policy and Administration Credits: 3
- PA 390 - Leadership Dynamics Credits: 3
- PA 449 - Policy Research and Evaluation Credits: 3
- PA 491 - Public Administration Internship II Credits: 3
- SW 453 - Case Management Credits: 3