LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Cell and Molecular Biology Minor
The minor in cell and molecular biology is designed for students who wish to expand their skills and opportunities in life-science research, graduate or professional work. It consists of a minimum of 20 credits, 14 credits of required courses and at least six credits of electives.
Requirements for the Minor in CMB
Fourteen credits required.
- CMB 156 - Discoveries in Cell and Molecular Biology: A Research-Based Laboratory Course (1 credit)
- CMB 250 - Introduction to Biotechnology (4 credits)
- CMB 451 - Bioinformatics: Tools and Techniques for Life Scientists (3 credits)
- CMB 405 - Cell and Molecular Biology (4 credits)
- CMB 406 - Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory (2 credits)
Six credits required.
- BIO 423 - Plant Biotechnology (3 credits)
- CHM 461 - Biochemistry I (4 credits)
- CHM 463 - Biochemistry II (3 credits)
- CMB 409 - Responsible Conduct of Research (1 credit)
- CMB 411 - Genetics of Development and Cancer (3 credits)
- CMB 426 - Research Applications in Nucleic Acids (4 credits)
- CMB 440 - Research Applications in Drosophila Genomics (3 credits)
- CMB 452 - Computer Modeling of Biomolecules (3 credits)
- CMB 460 - Genomics and Molecular Diagnostics (3 credits)
- CMB 485 - Molecular Ecology (3 credits)
- CMB 499 - Research in Cell and Molecular Biology (1 to 3 credits) A maximum of three credits of CMB 499 may count toward the minor.