Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Studies Minor
Requirements for a Minor in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Studies
Students who minor in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer studies must complete at least 21 credit hours including:
- WGS 224 - Introduction to LGBTQ Studies Credits: 3
- WGS 365 - Queer Theory Credits: 3
- WGS 491 - Contemporary Theory and Practicum Credits: 3
The remaining four courses must be selected from the electives listed as follows. Other courses that have significant content devoted to the study of LGBTQ topics during a particular semester may also be counted toward the minor on an individual case basis with department chair approval.
- WGS 310 - LGBTQ Rights and the Law Credits: 3
- WGS 315 - Psychology of Sex Differences Credits: 3
- WGS 316 - Human Intimacy and Sexuality Credits: 3
- WGS 318 - Sociology of Sexuality Credits: 3
- WGS 336 - Lesbian, Gay and Queer Literature Credits: 3
- WGS 371 - Historical Perspectives on Gender and Sexualities Credits: 3
- WGS 399 - Independent Readings Credits: 1 to 3
- WGS 490 - WGS Internship Credits: Variable.
- WGS 499 - Independent Study and Research Credits: 1 to 4
- ANT 370 - Cross-cultural Perspectives on Gender Credits: 3
- BIO 325 - Human Sexuality Credits: 3
- LIB 325 - LGBTQ Identities Credits: 3
- SOC 379 - Sociology of Love Credits: 3
- SOC 381 - Class, Race, Gender, and Sexuality Credits: 3
- SW 333 - Community Work with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Credits: 3