2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
International Business Minor
Requirements for a Minor in International Business
Eligible business majors who elect to complete one of the business minors may be required to extend their degree programs beyond the minimum 120-semester hour university requirement.
The undergraduate minor program in international business is for both business and nonbusiness students with the exception of those majoring in international business and general business. The minor consists of 18 credit hours (six courses).
- ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MGT 303 - International Business and Culture (3 credits)
Three courses from the following:
- ACC 330 - International Accounting (3 credits)
- ECO 349 - Emerging Markets Issues (3 credits)
- ECO 365 - Comparative Economic Systems (3 credits)
- ECO 369 - International Economic Issues (3 credits)
- FIN 429 - International Financial Management (3 credits)
- MGT 466 - International Management and Multinational Corporations (3 credits)
- MKT 359 - Multinational Marketing (3 credits)
One course from the international business major cultural component requirement or a three-credit international internship is required. Students majoring in any business discipline or economics must select an additional Cultures or international business course. Students must achieve a cumulative 2.5 GPA in these courses to receive the international business minor designation. Students must complete all prerequisite courses before enrolling in the international business minor courses. Courses may not be taken credit/no-credit.