2023-2024 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Nonprofit Leadership Graduate Certificate
The graduate certificate in nonprofit leadership provides a unique opportunity to pursue a theoretically based and practically oriented education in leadership for nonprofit professionals. This program offers nonprofit managers the up-to-date professional skills and perspectives required to lead their organizations in the rapidly changing and complex nonprofit sector of society.
The certificate in nonprofit leadership is designed for the experienced nonprofit manager who has an advanced degree or an undergraduate degree and several years of professional experience. It is intended for those holding or seeking executive positions that wish to further their education without pursuing the full requirements for a graduate degree. However, courses and workshops taken in the certificate program may be applied toward the Master of Public Administration.
Applicants for the graduate certificate program in nonprofit leadership must:
- Apply to the School of Community Leadership and Development
- Hold an advanced degree or a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work
- Have at least three years of professional experience in nonprofit organizations
- Submit official transcripts and an application essay
The certificate requires the completion of 15 credit hours of graduate study.
There are 15 credits required, including:
- PNH 661 - Nonprofit Management: Practices (3 credits)
- PNH 662 - Nonprofit Financial Management (3 credits)
- PNH 663 - Nonprofit Organizations, Advocacy and Public Policy (3 credits)
- PNH 665 - Nonprofit and Foundation Boards, Trustees and Governance (3 credits)
AND three credits from the following list: