Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Data Science Minor
- STA 216 - Intermediate Applied Statistics Credits: 3 OR STA 318 - Statistical Computing (3 credits)
- STA 321 - Applied Regression Analysis Credits: 3
- STA 426 - Multivariate Data Analysis Credits: 3
Computing and Information Systems
- CIS 162 - Computer Science I Credits: 4 OR CIS 161 - Computational Science (3 credits)
- CIS 335 - Data Mining Credits: 3
- CIS 360 - Information Management and Science Credits: 3
*Note: STA 216 and STA 318 have a prerequisite of STA 215 or STA 312. One additional three-credit course is required. This course must provide an appropriate application of data science or deepen knowledge in either statistics or computer science. Students should meet with a data science faculty member from the statistics or computing and information systems departments to determine an appropriate course meeting this requirement. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a data science faculty member as soon as they decide to minor in data science.
Suggested Order of Coursework
- Program elective