LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Data Science Minor
- STA 216 - Intermediate Applied Statistics (3 credits)* OR STA 318 - Statistical Computing (3 credits)*
- STA 321 - Applied Regression Analysis (3 credits)
- STA 426 - Multivariate Data Analysis (3 credits)
Computing and Information Systems
- CIS 162 - Computer Science I (4 credits) OR CIS 161 - Computational Science (3 credits)
- CIS 335 - Data Mining (3 credits)
- CIS 360 - Information Management and Science (3 credits)
*Note: STA 216 and STA 318 have a prerequisite of STA 215 or STA 312. One additional three-credit course is required. This course must provide an appropriate application of data science or deepen knowledge in either statistics or computer science. Students should meet with a data science faculty member from the statistics or computing and information systems departments to determine an appropriate course meeting this requirement. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a data science faculty member as soon as they decide to minor in data science.
Suggested Order of Coursework