Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Certificate in Sport Coaching
The certificate in sport coaching provides prospective coaches with theoretical knowledge and practical experiences in accordance with the National Standards for Sport Coaches. The focused coursework stresses the importance of developing an athlete-centered coaching philosophy and a scientifically based understanding of current issues in sports medicine, motor learning and coaching theory. Students must be degree seeking students to receive the certificate. The certificate will be awarded at the same time as the degree is awarded. All undergraduate certificates have received Higher Learning Commission approval, and students are eligible for financial aid because they are seeking a degree. Students completing the certificate in sport coaching will have a record of this accomplishment appear on their academic transcript.
Requirements for a Certificate in Sport Coaching
- MOV 201 - Psychosocial Aspects of Physical Education and Sport Credits: 3
- MOV 217 - Modern Principles of Athletic Training Credits: 2
- MOV 218 - Modern Principles of Athletic Training Lab Credits: 1
- SPM 355 - Current Topics in Coaching Credits: 3
- SPM 360 - Practicum in Sport Coaching Credits: 3