2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Information Systems Project Management Fundamentals
This badge will prepare students to design and develop solutions to common data management problems.
Learning Objectives or Competencies:
- Compare and contrast project and product lifecycles.
- Explain the interaction between the process groups, knowledge areas, and processes defined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Propose and argue in support of a more realistic definition of a successful IS project that extends the traditional three-pronged on-time, within budget, and meeting requirements definition.
- Adapt basic tools, templates, and techniques to the planning, organization, and management of an information systems project.
- Prepare professional quality PM work products.
- Apply the principles defined in the Agile Manifesto to IS project management.
- Discriminate between Agile and traditional approaches to IS project management.