2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Data Analytics
The School of Computing's data analytics badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to perform the following tasks:
- Utilize computational methods for knowledge discovery.
- Create visualizations for complex data sets.
- Design parallel and high-performance computing algorithms.
- Develop machine learning algorithms.
The data analytics badge is comprised of three courses (9 credits).
Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
The data analytics badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Requirements for the Data Analytics Badge
- CIS 635 - Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (3 credits)
- CIS 671 - Information Visualization (3 credits)
AND one of the following: