2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Biomedical Informatics
The School of Computing's biomedical informatics badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following tasks:
- Evaluate the requirements for biomedical information systems.
- Engage in project management practices for biomedical decision-making.
- Describe the legal and ethical considerations for biomedical informatics.
- Utilize computational methods for knowledge discovery in bioinformatics and medicine.
- Create visualizations for complex data sets.
- Design parallel and high-performance computing algorithms.
- Develop machine learning algorithms.
The biomedical informatics badge is comprised of three courses (nine credits).
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of object-oriented programming skill are required for admission.
The biomedical informatics badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Requirements for the Biomedical Informatics Badge
- CIS 661 - Introduction to Health and Bioinformatics (3 credits)
- CIS 665 - Clinical Information Systems (3 credits)
AND one of the following: