Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
2019-2020 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For the B.B.A., you must complete the following courses.
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business Credits: 3
- ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics Credits: 3 AND
- ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics Credits: 3
- OR ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits) Credits: 3
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 331 - Concepts of Management Credits: 3
- MGT 366 - Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics Credits: 3
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics Credits: 3
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability Credits: 3
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics Credits: 3
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics Credits: 3
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division Seidman courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major if one is declared.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship and study abroad courses, on a credit/no credit basis.
Requirements for a Major in Supply Chain Management
- CIS 150 - Introduction to Computing Credits: 3
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics Credits: 3
- MKT 354 - Distribution Institutions and Logistics Credits: 3
- MKT 457 - Logistics and Transportation Credits: 3
- MGT 337 - Supply Chain Management Credits: 3
- MGT 367 - Manufacturing Planning and Control Credits: 3
- MGT 467 - Advanced Topics in Operations and Supply Chain Management Credits: 3
Quantitative group - choose one:
- MTH 122 - College Algebra Credits: 3
- MTH 125 - Survey of Calculus Credits: 3
- MTH 201 - Calculus I Credits: 4
- MGT 361 - Management Science Credits: 3
- PHI 103 - Logic Credits: 3
One course from the following:
One course from the following:
- MGT 351 - Enterprise Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 360 - Business Process Redesign Credits: 3
- MGT 362 - Computers in Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 365 - Strategic Management of Operations Credits: 3
- MGT 466 - International Management and Multinational Corporations Credits: 3
- MKT 353 - Marketing Negotiations Credits: 3
- MKT 356 - Professional Selling Credits: 3
- MKT 357 - Retailing Credits: 3
- MKT 359 - Multinational Marketing Credits: 3