LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Students pursuing the minor in archaeology will complete seven courses (minimum 22 credits) distributed as follows:
- Three core courses (10 hours total)
- Two regional issues courses (six hours total)
- One cross-disciplinary elective (three, four, or five hours depending on chosen course)
- One field research practicum (three hours minimum)
The following three courses are required:
- ANT 220 - Introduction to Archaeology (4 credits)
- ARC 400 - Archaeological Methods and Research Design (3 credits)
- ARC 401 - Archaeological Theory (3 credits)
Regional Issues Courses
- ANT 325 - Archaeology of North America (3 credits)
- ANT 350 - Archaeology of Mid-East (3 credits)
- CLA 350 - Issues in Classical Archaeology (3 credits)
- ARA 202 - Intermediate Arabic II: Language and Culture (4 credits) or other modern language at intermediate level.
- ART 420 - Asian Art (3 credits)
- BIO 311 - Who's Running Your Life: Genes, Evolution and Behavior (3 credits) OR BIO 452 - Human Evolution (3 credits)
- CHM 115 - Principles of Chemistry I (4 credits) for non-CHM, BIO, or GEO majors.
- GPY 307 - Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (3 credits)
- GEO 112 - Earth History (4 credits) OR GEO 312 - Sedimentation-Stratigraphy (4 credits) OR GEO 320 - Geomorphology (4 credits)
- LAT 350 - Latin Prose (3 credits) OR other ancient language at 300-level.
All students must complete a minimum of three credits of field research, under the direction of the archaeologists on the CLAS faculty or in another pre-approved program.