LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Students minoring in Arabic must complete a minimum of 20 credit hours of coursework. This includes eight credits of core courses and 12 credits of electives. Students have the option to fulfill three credits of electives through the Oman/United Arab Emirates study abroad program (which includes taking either ARA 285 or ARA 386).
- ARA 201 - Intermediate Arabic I: Language and Culture (4 credits)
- ARA 202 - Intermediate Arabic II: Language and Culture (4 credits)
- ARA 285 - Colloquial and Media Arabic (3 credits)
- ARA 301 - Arabic Conversation (3 credits)
- ARA 302 - Arabic Composition (3 credits)
- ARA 310 - Media Arabic (3 credits)
- ARA 312 - Contemporary Arabic Culture (3 credits)
- ARA 320 - Practical Arabic Translations (3 credits)
- ARA 380 - Special Topics in Arabic (1 to 4 credits)
- ARA 386 - Arabic through Culture and Customs (3 credits)
- ARA 480 - Special Topics in Arabic (1 to 4 credits)