LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Advertising and Public Relations Minor
Requirements for a minor in advertising and public relations is 21 credits, including the following courses:
- CAP 105 - Technology in Public Relations and Advertising (3 credits)
- CAP 115 - Research Basics for Advertising and Public Relations (3 credits)
- CAP 210 - Fundamentals of Advertising (3 credits)
- CAP 220 - Fundamentals of Public Relations (3 credits)
- CAP 310 - Advertising Management and Cases (3 credits) OR CAP 320 - Public Relations Management and Cases (3 credits)
In addition, the minor requires six credits (two courses) of electives, which must be approved by a faculty advisor. Often, courses in the APR major not required for the minor are a good choice (e.g. CAP 315, CAP 321, CAP 413, CAP 423). Additional suggested electives are listed under the advertising and public relations link on the School of Communications website at gvsu.edu/soc/.