2021-2022 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For the B.B.A., you must complete the following courses.
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business (3 credits)
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics (3 credits) AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics (3 credits)
OR ONLY ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits)
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) (3 credits)
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 331 - Managing People and Organizations (3 credits)
- MGT 366 - Operations Management (3 credits)
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy (3 credits)
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management (3 credits)
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics (3 credits)
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics (3 credits)
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability (3 credits)
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics (3 credits)
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics (3 credits)
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division business courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major if one is declared.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship and study abroad courses, on a credit/no-credit basis.
Requirements for a Major in Finance
- FIN 321 - Investments (3 credits)
- FIN 322 - Intermediate Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- FIN 422 - Advanced Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics (3 credits)
Quantitative group - choose one:
- MTH 122 - College Algebra (3 credits)
- MTH 125 - Survey of Calculus (3 credits)
- MTH 201 - Calculus I (4 credits)
- PHI 103 - Logic (3 credits)
- MGT 361 - Management Science (3 credits)
Include three additional finance courses at the upper level (at least one at the 400-level) that is not an internship.
Note: Some financial institutions require a minimum of 12 credits of accounting for students who plan to seek positions as credit analysts.