LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Biomedical Informatics
The School of Computing's biomedical informatics badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following tasks:
- Evaluate the requirements for biomedical information systems.
- Engage in project management practices for biomedical decision-making.
- Describe the legal and ethical considerations for biomedical informatics.
- Utilize computational methods for knowledge discovery in bioinformatics and medicine.
- Create visualizations for complex data sets.
- Design parallel and high-performance computing algorithms.
- Develop machine learning algorithms.
The biomedical informatics badge is comprised of three courses (nine credits).
Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skill is required for admission.
The biomedical informatics badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Requirements for the Biomedical Informatics Badge
AND two of the following:
- CIS 635 - Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (3 credits)
- CIS 660 - Information Management and Science (3 credits)
- CIS 665 - Clinical Information Systems (3 credits)
- CIS 671 - Information Visualization (3 credits)
- CIS 677 - High-performance Computing (3 credits)
- CIS 678 - Machine Learning (3 credits)