LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For the B.B.A., you must complete the following courses.
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business (3 credits)
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics (3 credits) AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics (3 credits)
OR ONLY ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits)
- Upper-division economics course - not ECO 490 (3 credits)
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- MGT 331 - Managing People and Organizations (3 credits)
- MGT 366 - Operations Management (3 credits)
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy (3 credits)
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management (3 credits)
Students are required to select one class from the following. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics (3 credits)
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics (3 credits)
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability (3 credits)
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics (3 credits)
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics (3 credits)
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division business courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major if one is declared.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship and study abroad courses, on a credit/no-credit basis.
Requirements for a Major in International Business
International business majors must complete all requirements for the B.B.A. degree, plus the specific requirements for the major noted as follows.
Quantitative group - choose one:
- MTH 122 - College Algebra (3 credits)
- MTH 125 - Survey of Calculus (3 credits)
- MTH 201 - Calculus I (4 credits)
- PHI 103 - Logic (3 credits)
- MGT 361 - Management Science (3 credits)
International Business Component
Four courses from the following group:
- ACC 330 - International Accounting (3 credits)
- ECO 369 - International Economic Issues (3 credits)
- FIN 429 - International Financial Management (3 credits)
- MGT 433 - International Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- MGT 466 - International Management and Multinational Corporations (3 credits)
- MKT 359 - Multinational Marketing (3 credits)
One course from the following group:
- ECO 349 - Emerging Markets Issues (3 credits)
- ECO 365 - Comparative Economic Systems (3 credits)
- PLS 315 - International Political Economy (3 credits)
Students must take six hours of course credit that may be completed by taking EITHER of the following options.
Take two courses from the following:
- BUS 301 - International Business and Culture (3 credits)
- EAS 201 - East Asia in the Contemporary World (3 credits)
- GPY 220 - Cultural Geography (3 credits)
- GPY 235 - Geography for a Changing World (3 credits)
- GPY 350 - Geopolitics, Energy and Environment of Russia and Central Eurasia (3 credits)
- GPY 352 - Geography of Latin America (3 credits)
- LAS 210 - Exploring Latin America (3 credits)
- PLS 211 - International Relations (3 credits)
- PLS 221 - Government and Politics of Western Europe (3 credits)
- PLS 283 - Chinese Politics and U.S.-China Relations (3 credits)
- PLS 327 - Politics of Developing Countries (3 credits)
Other courses in a variety of disciplines may be used to fulfill this group as approved by the advisor.
At least six hours of international internship credit. This option is highly recommended.