LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Adventure Tourism Management Minor
Students in HTM and other majors may minor in adventure tourism management by completing 12 credits in the required core, two credits from the FIT courses, and seven elective credits as per the following plan.
Complete the following 12 credits:
- HTM 268 - Adventure Tourism (3 credits)
- HTM 235 - Tourism and Recreation Management (3 credits)
- HTM 368 - Geotourism (3 credits)
- NRM 420 - Wildland Recreation Management (3 credits) Offered in fall only.
Choose two from the following:
- FIT 119 - Outdoor Skills (1 credit)
- FIT 128 - Rock Climbing (1 credit)
- FIT 153 - Sailing-Large Boat (1 credit)
- OR choose from other FIT courses with approval of department chair/assistant chair.
To complete the adventure tourism management minor, students must also undertake a minimum of seven additional credits from the following:
- HTM 202 - International Tourism (3 credits)
- NRM 451 - Natural Resource Policy (3 credits)
- NRM 300 - Ethical Recreation: Leave No Trace (1 credit)
- MGT 345 - Team Building (3 credits)
- MGT 330 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (3 credits)
- MGT 364 - Service Operations Management (3 credits)
- *HTM 290/HTM 390/HTM 490 Field Experience (2 credits) Adventure tourism-based.
*Students minoring in adventure tourism management are encouraged to consider including at least one field experience course in their program. MGT, NRM, MOV appropriate adventure-based internships may be included.
Interested students should meet with the HTM chair or assistant chair to establish a specific minor plan.