Skip to main content

2018-2019 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog

Search Help

Center for Adult and Continuing Studies


Executive Director: Simone Jonaitis



The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies provides programs and services that link the needs of lifelong learners with the resources of the university.

Program Information

The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies coordinates academic programs, services, and professional development for students at regional sites and locations throughout Michigan. The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies recognizes the unique needs of the nontraditional student and the multiple time constraints and demands of an individual's experience. For more information about programs and services available at Grand Valley's campuses and regional sites throughout Michigan, please contact us by phone at (616) 331-7180 or on the Web at

The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies also coordinates professional development and community engagement opportunities:

  • Grand Forum
  • Skills training and certification

Details about these programs can be found in the Community Resources section of the catalog. Classes are offered in Allendale, Grand Rapids, and/or Holland, Muskegon, Traverse City.


The Meijer Campus in Holland is designed to meet the lifelong learning needs of the community. At this location, Grand Valley State University offers a range of professional development and certification courses, as well as student services including academic and pretransfer advising, registration, and payment services. The campus also contains computer labs, a variety of study/gathering spaces, an apiary, and a power mobility training lab. GVSU hosts the Ottawa Area Intermediate Schools District's Early College - South (Muskegon Community College coursework) and Grand Rapids Community College courses and provides a variety of transfer student support resources.

Individuals and organizations seeking additional information about Meijer Campus in Holland should call (616) 394-4848 or visit


The Muskegon Regional Center is located at the James L. Stevenson Center for Higher Education on the campus of Muskegon Community College. Staff members at the center are available to advise students considering a transfer to Grand Valley, as well as to assist with registration and payment services. Individuals and organizations seeking additional information about Grand Valley in Muskegon should call (231) 777-0505 or visit

Traverse City

Grand Valley State University offers degree completion and a full range of services to Northern Michigan. The Traverse City Regional Center, located at the Northwestern Michigan College University Center, offers undergraduate degrees in allied health and liberal studies. Students can earn a master's degree in education, physician assistant, and social work. Individuals and organizations seeking additional information about Grand Valley in Northern Michigan can call (231) 995-1785 or visit


Grand Forum Scholarship for Continuing Education
This scholarship provides financial assistance to persons whose college education was interrupted for one or more reasons and who wish to continue to pursue earning a college degree at Grand Valley. Candidates must be returning as undergraduate students. Candidates must have a minimum of 24 prior credits at Grand Valley and be enrolled as a degree-seeking student with at least three credit hours. They must demonstrate financial need as defined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarship amount varies and cannot exceed the cost of three credits.

If you are in need of assistance please submit any questions or comments.