2017-2018 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Studio Art Minor
The studio art minor offers students in other majors the opportunity to pursue their interests in the visual arts. Students choose eight courses for the minor, which can be structured for broad engagement or focused learning in studio art.
Studio Art Minor Requirements (24 credits)
Studio Art (18 credits)
Complete these studio foundations courses:
- ART 151 - Foundations: 3-D Design Credits: 3
- ART 153 - Foundations: Making and Meaning in Art and Design Credits: 3
- ART 155 - Foundations: Introduction to Drawing I Credits: 3
- Complete two studio courses at the 200-level or above.
- Complete one studio course at the 300-level or above.
Art History (3 credits)
- One art history course at the 200-level or above
Elective (3 credits)
- One additional course with the ART designation. ART courses include studio art courses at any level (including 100 level foundation courses), ART 101 , art history at any level, and art education courses at any level.