LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
2016-2017 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Legal Studies Minor
The legal studies minor is open to students from any major. It is appropriate for students who have a general interest in law or for students considering law school or other graduate study in law. It is also appropriate for students who are pursuing a career that has a significant connection to law and legal matters and who wish to deepen their understanding of the legal system. The legal studies minor is not intended to prepare students to work as paralegals and it is not approved by the American Bar Association. Students intending to work as paralegals should choose the legal studies major.
Requirements for a Minor in Legal Studies
Minors must complete 21 credit hours, including:
- LS 201 - Introduction to Law Credits: 3
- LS 324 - Legal Research and Writing Credits: 3
- LS 420 - Property and Probate Law Credits: 3
- LS 422 - Commercial Law Credits: 3
- LS 426 - Civil Litigation I Credits: 3
- LS 428 - Civil Litigation II Credits: 3
- LS 490 - Legal Studies Internship Credits: 3 to 6 OR LS 495 - Legal Thought (Capstone) (3 credits)