LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
2016-2017 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Data Science Minor
- STA 216 - Intermediate Applied Statistics Credits: 3 OR STA 318 - Statistical Computing (3 credits)
- STA 321 - Applied Regression Analysis Credits: 3
- STA 426 - Multivariate Data Analysis Credits: 3
Computing and Information Systems
- CIS 162 - Computer Science I Credits: 4 OR CIS 161 - Computational Science (3 credits)
- CIS 335 - Data Mining Credits: 3
- CIS 360 - Information Management and Science Credits: 3
*Note that STA 216 and STA 318 have prerequisites of STA 215 or 312. One additional three credit course is required. This course must provide an appropriate application of data science or deepen knowledge in either statistics or computer science. Students should meet with a data science faculty member from the statistics or computing and information systems departments to determine an appropriate course meeting this requirement. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a data science faculty member as soon as they decide to minor in data science.
Suggested Order of Coursework
- Program elective