2016-2017 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For a major in business administration, you must complete the following courses:
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business Credits: 3
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics Credits: 3 AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics (3 credits) OR ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits)
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 331 - Concepts of Management Credits: 3
- MGT 366 - Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics Credits: 3
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics Credits: 3
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability Credits: 3
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics Credits: 3
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics Credits: 3
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division Seidman courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship, on a credit/no credit basis.
Requirements for a Major in International Business
International business majors must complete all requirements for the B.B.A. degree, plus the specific requirements for the major noted as follows.
All courses from the following group:
Quantitative Group - choose one:
- MTH 122 - College Algebra Credits: 3
- MTH 125 - Survey of Calculus Credits: 3
- MTH 201 - Calculus I Credits: 4
- PHI 103 - Logic Credits: 3
- MGT 361 - Management Science Credits: 3
International Business Component
Four courses from the following group:
- ACC 330 - International Accounting Credits: 3
- ECO 369 - International Economic Issues Credits: 3
- FIN 429 - International Financial Management Credits: 3
- MGT 433 - International Human Resource Management Credits: 3
- MGT 466 - International Management and Multinational Corporations Credits: 3
- MKT 359 - Multinational Marketing Credits: 3
One course from the following group:
- ECO 349 - Emerging Markets Issues Credits: 3
- ECO 365 - Comparative Economic Systems Credits: 3
- PLS 315 - International Political Economy Credits: 3
Students must take six hours of course credit that may be completed by taking EITHER:
Take two courses from the following:
- BUS 301 - International Business and Culture Credits: 3
- EAS 201 - East Asia in the Contemporary World Credits: 3
- GPY 220 - Cultural Geography Credits: 3
- GPY 235 - World Regional Geography Credits: 3
- GPY 350 - Geopolitics, Energy and Environment of Russia and Central Eurasia Credits: 3
- GPY 352 - Geography of Latin America Credits: 3
- GPY 355 - Geography of Southwest Asia (The Middle East). Credits: 3
- LAS 210 - Exploring Latin America Credits: 3
- PLS 211 - International Relations Credits: 3
- PLS 221 - Government and Politics of Western Europe Credits: 3
- PLS 282 - Government and Politics of Russia and Eastern Europe Credits: 3
- PLS 283 - Chinese Politics and U.S.-China Relations Credits: 3
- PLS 327 - Politics of Developing Countries Credits: 3
- RST 225 - Introduction to Russian Culture Credits: 3
Other courses in a variety of disciplines may be used to fulfill this group as approved by the advisor.
At least six hours of international internship credit. This option is highly recommended.