LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
2016-2017 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
This major emphasizes the management of the relationship between an organization and its employees. Business firms need human resource specialists who are capable of helping position the organization strategically through the design and administration of policies dealing with diversity and equal opportunity, recruiting and selection, training, performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, discipline, employee rights, and labor negotiations. Curriculum is focused on organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For a major in business administration, you must complete the following courses:
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business Credits: 3
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics Credits: 3 AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics (3 credits) OR ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits)
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 331 - Concepts of Management Credits: 3
- MGT 366 - Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics Credits: 3
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics Credits: 3
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability Credits: 3
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics Credits: 3
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics Credits: 3
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division Seidman courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship, on a credit/no credit basis.
Business core and the following:
- CIS 150 - Introduction to Computing Credits: 3
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics Credits: 3
- MGT 333 - Human Resource Management Credits: 3
- MGT 334 - Employment and Labor Law Credits: 3
- MGT 336 - Compensation and Benefits Management Credits: 3
- MGT 429 - Staffing and Development Credits: 3
- MGT 431 - Strategic Human Resources Management Credits: 3
Quantitative Group - chose one:
- MTH 122 - College Algebra Credits: 3
- MTH 125 - Survey of Calculus Credits: 3
- MTH 201 - Calculus I Credits: 4
- PHI 103 - Logic Credits: 3
- MGT 361 - Management Science Credits: 3
And one of the following:
- MGT 355 - The Diversified Workforce Credits: 3
- MGT 430 - Organizational Development Credits: 3
- MGT 432 - Grievance Administration, Arbitration, and Collective Bargaining Credits: 3
- MGT 433 - International Human Resource Management Credits: 3