LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
2014-2015 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
For additional information about opportunities your college offers, please refer to the Seidman College of Business section in this catalog.
ENT Certificate Goal
The goal of the entrepreneurship certificate program is to provide Seidman College of Business students a short track of courses to learn the process and tools, and to develop the skills and experiences necessary to identify and create a sustainable business opportunity.
ENT Certificate Program
The ENT certificate program is comprised of four courses that along with the business core courses help prepare students for an entrepreneurial career while being flexible to the diverse interests and opportunities of students. These courses provide applied opportunity to work with regional entrepreneurs as well as to prepare and launch student owned businesses. An elective course in a variety of areas allows the student to customize their certificate study to the type of business or industry of most interest.
There are four required courses for the ENT certificate program. They do not need to be taken in sequential order except for the following prerequisites: MGT 330 and the core courses ACC 213, FIN 320 and MKT 350 are prerequisites for ENT 350 and ENT 351. Students must achieve a cumulative 2.5 GPA in these four required courses to receive the entrepreneurship certificate designation.
- ENT 350 - Entrepreneurial Business Plan Credits: 3
- ENT 351 - Entrepreneurial Project Credits: 3
- MGT 330 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Credits: 3
Take one elective from the following list:
- ACC 322 - Cost Systems and Control Techniques Credits: 3
- ACC 340 - Accounting Systems Credits: 3
- ECO 341 - Economics of Business Strategy Credits: 3
- ECO 436 - Real Estate Economics Credits: 3
- FIN 350 - Real Estate Principles Credits: 3
- MGT 360 - Business Process Redesign Credits: 3
- MGT 364 - Service Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 437 - Family Business Credits: 3
- MGT 451 - Introduction to E-Commerce Applications Credits: 3
- MKT 352 - Marketing Research Credits: 3
- MKT 354 - Distribution Institutions and Logistics Credits: 3
- MKT 357 - Retailing Credits: 3
- MKT 370 - New Product Development Credits: 3