2014-2015 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Arts in Writing
Requirements for a Major in Writing (42 Credits)
All writing majors will earn the B.A. degree, which requires third-semester proficiency in a foreign language. The writing major totals 42 credits.
- WRT 200 - Introduction to Professional Writing Credits: 3
- WRT 210 - Writing with Style Credits: 3
- WRT 219 - Introduction to Creative Writing Credits: 3
- WRT 253 - Document Production and Design Credits: 3
6 courses: 2 courses from 3 groups.
- WRT 360 - Intermediate Creative Nonfiction Credits: 3
- WRT 460 - Advanced Creative Nonfiction Credits: 3
Writing for the Web
- WRT 351 - Writing for the World Wide Web Credits: 3
- WRT 451 - Advanced Writing for the Web Credits: 3
Style and Technique
- WRT 310 - Intermediate Style and Technique Credits: 3
- WRT 410 - Advanced Style and Technique Credits: 3
Writing with Technologies
Working with Writers
Take two advisor approved interdisciplinary electives or any two writing electives. (See your advisor).
- WRT 490 - Internship Credits: 1 to 3
- WRT 495 - Genre and Writing (Capstone) Credits: 3