Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassadors are student volunteers dedicated to sharing their college experiences with future Lakers. As current Grand Valley State University students, ambassadors will assist throughout the year at various on-campus recruitment events hosted by the Admissions Office. This program strives to bring students together from various academic disciplines, clubs and organizations, and cultural backgrounds to provide a positive and honest image of Grand Valley State University to prospective students, families, alumni and friends of the University.
If you are interested in becoming a Student Ambassador, we invite you to apply online.
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact us.
What We Do
Student Ambassadors contribute in the following ways:
- Represent Grand Valley at large visitation days
- Conduct campus wide tours
- Sit on student panels
- Host prospective students on campus
- Provide tips to incoming students on how to be successful at Grand Valley
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit you:
- Enrich leadership skills
- Enhance communication skills
- Polish professional development
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Build your resume
- Network with Administration, Alumni and fellow students
Other benefits include earning Grand Valley memorabilia and having the opportunity to turn volunteer efforts into a paid position within the Admissions Office.