Product Design & Manufacturing Engineering, B.S.E.
Product design and manufacturing engineers are innovators whose designs enhance peoples lives. They integrate new concepts and prototypes and devise methods and systems to develop desirable products, from design and planning to production and delivery, for a globally competitive marketplace.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through B.S.E. and M.S.E programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies.
Why Study Product Design & Manufacturing at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning in our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Study/work abroad available.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Biomedical engineering minor available.
- Tremendous support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships." A nearly 100-percent placement rate.
- A combined bachelors/masters program for high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. programs in as little as five calendar years, gvsu.edu/grad/mse/.
For More InformationSchool of Engineering
136 Kennedy Hall
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Location: Allendale
- Format: Face To Face
A degree in product design and manufacturing involves coursework in:
- Advanced product design
- Mechanical and electrical engineering fundamentals
- Cooperative education
- Automation and controls
- Manufacturing processes
- Materials science and engineering
- Production models
The following are just a few career options for product design and manufacturing engineers:
- Design engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Product development engineer
- Production engineer
- Quality engineer
- Controls engineer
- Test engineer
“The PDM program at Grand Valley prepares you well for project based work that is always encountered in industry. I had three job offers five months before I graduated.”
PRODUCT DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING ALUMNA