Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
The field of supply chain management (SCM) involves the acquisition of components and finished goods from original sources, production scheduling and manufacturing, and the logistics functions necessary to flow components inbound to manufacturing and finished goods outbound to wholesalers, retailers, and/or directly to end users.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students pursue the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree at the Seidman College of Business. The following emphases are available:
- Marketing major, logistics emphasis
- Management major, operations emphasis
- Many students double major across these two majors/emphases as well.
Majors study a variety of topics, including:
- Advanced topics in operations
- Distribution and logistics
- Logistics and transportation
- Manufacturing planning and control
- Supply chain management (procurement)
SCM careers include:
- Logistics manager
- Operations manager
- Procurement manager
- Supply chain analyst
- Supply chain consultant
- Transportation manager
Why Study Supply Chain Management at Grand Valley?
- To develop an in-depth knowledge of the entire flow of the end-to-end supply chain.
- The SCM program is a holistic program that provides critical business and professional success skills.
- Emphasis on real-world projects, case studies, supply chain networking, etc.
- Faculty experts in all aspects of supply chain management and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology integrated into courses by use of the internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships, available in all areas of supply chain management, allow you to earn money while gaining valuable experience.
- A Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is also available. Visit www.gvsu.edu/grad/mba/.
“It's a rapidly evolving field. It's really exciting, and there are endless opportunities for people who become actively engaged in it.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University