- Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Athletic trainers provide healthcare for life and sport. Their clients include everyone from professional athletes to industrial workers.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
In addition to a strong foundation in liberal arts, the athletic training program provides students with a broad theoretical and conceptual foundation for professional preparation. The program offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree that provides opportunities for students to complete:
- Clinical rotations on- and off-campus
- Internship experiences across the country
The program requires coursework in the following areas:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Emergency care
- Exercise physiology
- Injury assessment
- Therapeutic exercise
- Therapeutic modalities
Certified athletic trainers can be found almost anywhere people are physically active. Examples of employment settings include:
- Colleges and universities
- Industrial and commercial
- Performing arts
- Professional sports
- The military
The athletic training program is a secondary admission program. Visit www.gvsu.edu/athletictraining for details.
Why Study Athletic Training at Grand Valley?
- One hundred percent first time pass rate on the Board of Certification (BOC) national exam for the past four years.
- Personal attention by faculty in all courses and labs in our student-oriented, teaching-focused program.
- Tremendous support from our local community allows extensive hands-on service learning opportunities in diverse clinical settings.
- Learning takes place using state-of-the-art equipment and instructional materials.
- Opportunity to engage in research and scholarly activities with GVSU faculty.
- One hundred percent placement rate into work or graduate school.
- The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
“GVSU's athletic training education program emphasizes real-world experience, not only through the four required clinical experiences, but also through the final internship program. Helping the student bridge the gap between the classroom and the work environment.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University