- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
The business economics program teaches you to understand the forces that drive the actions of corporations and consumers, the way an economy works, and the importance of global trade.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
You may choose one of three emphasis areas:
- General and Honors emphasis both teach critical thinking and analytical skills for business decision making.
- Real estate emphasis focuses on residential and commercial real estate issues.
Aside from the B.B.A. and economics core requirements, business economic major electives include courses about:
- Environmental problems
- Gender issues
- International trade
- Money and banking
- Public economics and ethics
- Urban and real estate economics
- Health economics
General and Honors emphases: Market research, consulting, banking, finance, insurance, manufacturing, international and development organizations, and intelligence agencies.
Real estate emphasis: Urban planner, developer, real estate agent, residential/commercial appraiser, mortgage broker, or commercial lender.
A business economics degree is a great base for a variety of graduate degrees.
Why Study Business Economics at Grand Valley?
- The economics faculty, with distinguished credentials and business expertise, work closely with you to form career goals and select courses to achieve those goals.
- Smaller class sizes allow more interaction with faculty.
- Opportunities for involvement, such as the economics honor society, Omicron Delta Epsilon; economics club; real estate group; professional development series and more.
- Internships, available in all business areas, allow you to earn money while getting valuable business experience.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world. Our study abroad programs are established in 25 countries and can be customized to meet your needs and interests.
- Economics stresses well developed analytical skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
“I've had a lot of professors who have real-world business experience so they've been able to connect their experience to their teaching to show us how what we're learning is applicable to the real world.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University