Photography - Careers + Alumni
The photography program offers high-quality, student-centered, production and theory courses aimed at developing liberally educated professionals able to thoughtfully adapt and thrive in a variety of professional and creative environments. Students can select a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program of study. A minor is also available.
The B.A. and B.S. degrees prepare students to:
- Apply their expertise in museums and galleries.
- Work creatively in commercial advertising and portrait studios.
- Produce compelling work as photojournalists and editorial photographers.
- Begin careers as professional artists.
- Combine a knowledge of digital media with another field for a variety of interests and functions.
“I really liked the photography program because it was so personal. I liked that the professors worked closely with students and knew them by name.”
Amber Felicioni, Photography Student
- Crista Chapman, Photo Editor (National Desk), New York Times, New York, NY
- Megan Major, Museum Technician II, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, Michigan
- Hollyn Johnson, Photojournalist / Staff Photographer, Hawaii Tribune-Herald, Hilo, Hawaii
- Kristin Schillaci, Artist and Professional Photographer, Santa Fe, NM
- Morgan Anderson, Professional Photographer, Morgan Anderson Photography, Chicago, IL
- Stephanie Trapp, Professional Photographer, Trappfotos, San Francisco, CA
- Matt LaVere, Professional Photographer, Matthew LaVere Photography, Detroit, MI
- Mark Andrus, Artist and Professional Photographer, Mark Andrus Photography, Grand Rapids, MI