Sponsored Teaching and Learning Event Grant
GRANT AT A GLANCE
- Amount: Varies.
- Purpose: Supports faculty attendance at specific teaching and learning related workshops, institutes and conferences.
- Eligibility: All faculty: full- or part-time. Staff not eligible
- Application Timing: Applications will have varied deadlines throughout the year which will be announced via a Pew FTLC mailing or invitation.
- Of Note: Funds may cover the partial or full cost, depending on the event. See specific event for details.
Below is a detailed explanation of the Sponsored Teaching and Learning Event Grant. Once you have reviewed the information below, please click on "APPLY FOR A GRANT" to begin the application process. Applications may be saved as "in progress" at any time during the application process.
Sponsored Teaching and Learning Event Grants support faculty attendance at specific teaching and learning related workshops, institutes, and conferences. A list of current sponsored events with dates, location, brief description, and total Pew FTLC funding is available in the body of the application.
- The award varies according to the specific event.
- FTLC funds may be applied toward a registration fee, airfare/intercity mileage, ground transportation, parking, lodging, and meals.
- Any expenses that exceed the fund amount are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Eligibility varies depending on the event. Each event description will list eligibility criteria separately.
- Staff not eligible.
- Each applicant must receive approval from their unit head.
- Funding for this grant will be limited to one trip per faculty member per fiscal year.
- In the event that an applicant is awarded a grant and no longer able to use the funds, they must notify the Pew FTLC in a timely fashion in order to be eligible for this grant in the future.
- An electronic waiting list will be formed for those applications received after funds are depleted. In the event of a faculty cancellation, applications from the waiting list will be considered in the order in which they were submitted.
Final Report Instructions:
Each applicant who is awarded a Sponsored Teaching and Learning Event Grant will be responsible for submitting a Final Report via the online system within 30 days of the event end date. The Pew FTLC will send out an automatic reminder e-mail for your convenience. The Final Report will ask for you to summarize the following (500 word limit):
- What tools, skills, knowledge and/or professional connections did you gain by attending this Event/Workshop?
- What is the anticipated impact of the Event/Workshop on your teaching?
- What are your plans to disseminate your new knowledge?
To submit a Final Report, click on "Final Report" under "Application Details" within the FTLC Grant System. Reimbursements will not be processed until a Final Report has been received.
(Optional) Faculty Reflection:
Each applicant who is awarded a Sponsored Teaching and Learning Event Grant will be invited to submit a Faculty Reflection via the online system within 30 days of the event end date. The Pew FTLC will send out an automatic reminder e-mail for your convenience. The Faculty Reflection will ask for you to include a brief reflection on your experience that may be posted on the Pew FTLC website to give other interested faculty an idea of the nature of the event (150 word limit).
All expenditures associated with this event must be submitted to your unit on a Travel and Expense Form along with original, detailed receipts. Your unit will send a copy of the Travel and Expense Form only (no receipts) to the Pew FTLC, 068 James H. Zumberge Hall (JHZ). Upon submission of your Final Report and receipt of your Travel and Expense Form, your unit will be reimbursed by the Pew FTLC.