Sean A. Woznicki, Ph.D.
- Watershed hydrology and modeling
- Climate and land use change
- Ecosystem goods and services
- Geospatial analysis and remote sensing
- GPY 100: Physical and Environmental Geography (Fall 2021, Winter 2022)
- Spatial patterns of weather and climate, landforms, vegetation, soils, and water resources, and their changes, interactions, and impacts on human life and society.
- GPY 407: Advanced GIS (Winter 2021)
- An advanced level GIS course emphasizing decision analysis through applications of spatial statistics and geospatial modeling. Topics include multivariate statistics, error assessment and propagation, fuzzy logic, uncertainty and decision risk in GIS modeling, location analysis, and terrain modeling using industry standard GIS software. Lab and project-based activities form the basis of this course.
- Postdoctoral, 2015-2019, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Ph.D., Biosystems Engineering, 2015 - Michigan State University
- M.S., Biosystems Engineering, 2011 - Michigan State University
- B.S., Biosystems Engineering, 2009 - Michigan State University
- Shabani, A., Woznicki, S. A., Mehaffey, M., Butcher, J., Wool, T. A., & Whung, P. Y. (2021). A coupled hydrodynamic (HEC‐RAS 2D) and water quality model (WASP) for simulating flood‐induced soil, sediment, and contaminant transport. Journal of Flood Risk Management, e12747. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfr3.12747
- Woznicki, S. A., Cada, P., Wickham, J., Schmidt, M., Baynes, J., Mehaffey, M., & Neale, A. (2020). Sediment retention by natural landscapes in the conterminous United States. Science of The Total Environment, 745, 140972. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.140972
- Hernandez-Suarez, J. S., Woznicki, S. A., & Nejadhashemi, A. P. (2020). Multi-site watershed model calibration for evaluating best management practice effectiveness in reducing fecal pollution. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal, 26(10), 2690-2715. https://doi.org/10.1080/10807039.2019.1680526
- Hopkins, K. G., Bhaskar, A. S., Woznicki, S. A., & Fanelli, R. M. (2020). Changes in event‐based streamflow magnitude and timing after suburban development with infiltration‐based stormwater management. Hydrological processes, 34(2), 387-403. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.13593
- Woznicki, S. A., Baynes, J., Panlasigui, S., Mehaffey, M., & Neale, A. (2019). Development of a spatially complete floodplain map of the conterminous United States using random forest. Science of the Total Environment, 647, 942-953. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.07.353