Wetlands Ecosystem Service Values: Fish and Wildlife Habitat
Land Use: Wetlands
Ecosystem Service: Fish and Wildlife Habitat
Regional Value Estimate: $147-$1,513 per acre per year
Confidence Level (in estimated value): High
How was value determined:
- The range of values for regional wetlands fish and wildlife habitat were transferred from a metadata study of wetland services (Woodward and Wui 2001).
- The data from these study were adjusted to the West Michigan policy region.
Value estimate limitations:
- Values reported here are non-use values (appreciation) of species.
- Value of wetlands (use value) that support fish and wildlife habitat is partly reported through the values of recreational activities (sport hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing).
- The economic value of wetland for habitat (non-use value) may be significant; i.e., appreciation of species of diversity and endangered species.
- These values do not include commercial harvesting of wetland plants and animals (raw materials).
Allegan Barry Ionia Kent Muskegon Newaygo Ottawa
Estimated Wetlands Fish & Wildlife Habitat Values
Value was not determined for this land use ecosystem service at the county-level because there were insufficient data to do so.