Grass, Shrub & Prairie Ecosystem Service Values: Fish and Wildlife Habitat
Land Use: Grass, Shrub & Prairie Lands
Ecosystem Service: Fish and Wildlife Habitat
Regional Value Estimate: $14 per acre per year
Confidence Level (in estimated value): Moderate
How was value determined:
- The regional value for grass, shrub and prairie lands fish and wildlife habitat was transferred from one federal government report valuing pheasant hunting throughout the United States (Feather et al 1999).
- The value was adjusted and directly transferred to our West Michigan policy region.
Value estimate limitations:
- This value represents a national average and does not take into account local preferences and factors.
- This value was determined using the travel cost method, and the results are dependent on local distances and attitudes.
- This value assumes that certain types of wildlife would not exist without this grassland habitat.
Allegan Barry Ionia Kent Muskegon Newaygo Ottawa
Estimated Grass, Shrub & Prairie Lands Fish and Wildlife Habitat Values
Value was not determined for this land use ecosystem service at the county-level because there were insufficient data to do so.