LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Talks from Sustainable Community Voices
Sustainable Community Voices discusses planning for organizational change and leadership in resiliency with Ann Erhardt, Principle of Commons Logic, LLC and Chief Sustainable Officer for Infrastructure Planning and Facilities with MSU
-Power for the 21st Century- The Holland Energy Park recently won the ISI Envision Platinum Award for the park's sustainable infrastructure. To find out more about the Holland Energy Park, click here.
-WGVU Media - Marta Swain from Clothing Matters discusses sustainable clothing with WGVU. Listen to Clothing Matters' Marta Swain here.
-WGVU Media - Youssef Darwich, GVSU's Sustainable Agriculture Project Farm Manager and Eddie Tadlock. Listen to Youssef and Eddie here
-WGVU Media - Cheri Holman, John Zimmerman and Brett Roach discuss the Michigan Battle of the Buildings 2015 winners.
- WGVU Media - Assistant Principal of City High, Ryan Huppert, and students join us to talk about the UNRCE Virtual Student Conference. Listen to Ryan here
- WGVU Media - Dr. Jonathan Smiega, Environmental Chemist with Steelcase, discusses The Chemistry of Things: Building Materials. Listen to Jonathan here
- Women's Life Stye Norton Shores - One year update on local home solar system.
- WGVU Media -Kyle Fiebig talks about the changing face of career tech in Michigan. Listen to Kyle here
- WGVU Media - U.S. Green Building Council West Michigan Chapter Listen to the U.S. Green Building Council here
- WGVU Media - Sustainability in the Holland Community and at Hope College.
- Battle of the Buildings Recognized as a Michigan Energy Leader in First Annual Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards Read about Battle of the Buildings here
- WGVU Media - Mayor George Heartwell and special guest Dr. Salvadore Garcia discuss the UNRCE conference Listen to Mayor George Hartwell here
- WGVU Media - Herman Miller Earthright Strategy - Supplier Engagement Listen to Herman Miller Earthright Strategy here
- Wege Prize awards $30K for circular economy proposals Read more about the Wege Prize here
- WGVU Media - Getting Green Listen here
- Check out Sustainability Voices here
- Butterworth project would be city’s first large-scale foray into solar energy. - learn more about the Butterworth project
Michigan Battle of the Buildings
Made possible by strong community partners like Consumers Energy and DTE Energy, the Michigan USGBC Battle of the Buildings Program is an awards and recognition program for energy use reduction open to all Michigan area commercial & industrial buildings. The program is a way to encourage energy-efficient practices in buildings across the state and to instill a spirit of friendly competition among the area’s building owners and operators. There is no cost to enter the competition.
Registration for 2015 is open!
- Every house has an energy use number. What's yours?
Calculate your home's energy use number. Compare it to other homes. Learn ways to lower your energy bill and help Holland win the Georgetown University Energy Prize. Get tips about furnace tune-ups, LED lighting, renewable energy options for your home, and more.
Calculate your home energy use number in advance at bit.ly/bpw-EnergyUseCalculator, or calculate it at the event by bringing your gas and electric bill plus your home's square footage measurement with you.
Part of the Living Sustainably along the Lakeshore event series.
Tuesday, January 13, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Hazel B. Hayes Auditorium, Herrick District Library
- Holland considers food innovation district for downtown area. Read more about Holland.
- Sustainable Community Voices, a monthly conversation with guests in sustainability-related fields. Today's topic, the RCE, the Regional Center of Expertise for Education for Sustainable Development. Listen here
- WMU students create apiary. Read more about the apiary
- WMU earns national recognition from U.S. Green Building Council. learn more about the recognition
- WMU recognized for their climate leadership status at Boston event. learn more about the climate leadership status
- To view the Holland Board of Public Works 2014 Annual Report Click here to view the annual report.
- Sustainable Community Voices, every month putting the spotlight on those in the field of sustainability. Today we talk to the new Director of MAREC, Kevin Ricco. Click here to listen.