LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
T4 Scholarship Focuses on the Power of Education to Change Lives
Grand Valley's T4 Scholars is a scholarship program designed to give access and a full-ride scholarship to underserved students who participate in a unique summer program and national pitch event. The T4 Scholarship program will assist students who demonstrate passion for education, are the first in their family to go to college, and have limited means.
The ten inaugural T4 Scholars have been chosen from among the 130 high school seniors who participated in the Midwest Learner Design Summit held at GVSU this past summer. Following the summit, the students participated in the national convening of REP4, which stands for Rapid Education Prototyping for Change, Learners, Community and Equity. They were able to pitch their ideas and exhibit their skills in front of education professionals. The scholars will begin at Grand Valley in the Fall semester of 2022. All of their tuition and expenses will be covered for four years.
Future T4 Scholars will be chosen from annual Midwest Learner Design Summits.
How T4 Scholars are Chosen
- Potential scholars are identified by leaders in their schools and communities to participate in the REP4 Midwest Learner Design Summit. Those who participate in the summit and standout as bold and creative designers inspiring change can be selected for the T4 Scholarship. High school seniors who successfully participate in the REP4 Midwest Learner Design Summit are eligible to be chosen the T4 Scholarship and early admission to Grand Valley State University.
- The scholarship covers T4 scholars' full GVSU experience, filling any unmet need after other sources of funding such as federal or state aid or other scholarships. The T4 Scholarship makes sure tuition, room and board, and books are completely covered. The scholarship is renewable for a total of 8 semesters.
Can I be a T4 Scholar?
T4 Scholars demonstrate a passion for education, are the first in their family to go to college, and have limited means. They are students with the potential to become a leader in their school or community, especially those who may otherwise be overlooked when applying to colleges. By taking part in the REP4 Midwest Learner Design Summit, students can be seen, understood, and actively engaged in their pursuits and passions. Students meeting all the requirements can then be selected to attend GVSU on the T4 Scholarship.
What are the important characteristics of a T4 Scholar?
T4 Scholars share four key characteristics:
What to expect after being chosen as a T4 Scholar
- T4 Scholars are guided by a dedicated scholarship coordinator, alongside a fully committed university team.
- In 12th Grade, T4 Scholars participate in cohort experiences to develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their future by completing an initial academic/leadership plan to support their life and learning journey. They have opportunities to stay connected and advise the implementation of REP4 prototypes.
- In college, T4 Scholars will develop and enable their academic/leadership portfolio in cohort and personalized environments. Scholars will also be employed by GVSU to give back to the REP4 alliance and to earn money for personal expenses, books, and supplies. Work duties may include serving as advisors for REP4 prototypes, serving as mentors for future REP4 participants as they experience the Midwest Regional Design Summit, and participating in REP4 alliance-wide activities/events.