Date of Last Update
- Board of Trustees
Office of General Counsel
Export Policy As PDF
Adjunct Executive, Administrative, and Professional Staff Benefits
Benefits for Adjunct, Executive, and Administrative staff are limited to those listed below. Benefits for Category C staff are limited to those listed in the employment contract.
1. Holidays. For adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff, the following are the University's holidays (usually the Friday preceding any such holiday which falls on Saturday and the Monday following any such holiday which falls on Sunday):
Please refer to the holidays table.
Two (2) floating holidays scheduled during the Christmas break; plus up to two (2) additional floating holidays scheduled during the Christmas - New Year's break, if the university is officially closed.
Adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff will be paid for the above listed holidays that occur during their appointment. A staff member is not eligible for holiday pay if the holiday falls during a suspension without pay, or if the holiday occurs during a time when the staff member is not on pay status.
2. Vacation. Adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff do not accrue vacation; however, Category A staff members appointed one-half time or more may be allowed paid off with the approval of the appointing officer, provided such arrangements are made at the time of appointment, not to exceed 10 days per year.
3. Salary Continuation. Adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff may not participate in the University's salary continuation program. Appointing officers may, in consultation with the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, allow Category A staff members to have time off for illness without loss of pay in lieu of vacation, as outlined in 184.108.40.206, providing arrangements are made to fulfill all responsibilities. In no case shall the total amount of paid time off for illness exceed the amount allowed under 220.127.116.11.
4. Group Life and Medical Insurance. The University will provide life insurance coverage for all Category A adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff appointed half-time or more, medical insurance coverage for Category A staff appointed three-quarter time or more, and medical insurance coverage for Category A staff hired prior to July 15, 2016 appointed one-half time or more, and their dependents and household members to the extent of the group insurance policies in effect, provided the staff members appropriate payments are maintained. The schedule of benefits provided and their cost are described in materials available through the Human Resources Office.
5. Tuition Reduction Programs
a. Academic Participation for Category A Adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff.
Category A staff members may, with the approval of his/her supervisor, enroll in Grand Valley State University courses tuition free, one of which may be taken during working hours each fiscal year. The materials describing the program are available in the Human Resources Office.
b. Reduced Tuition for Spouses, Eligible Dependents, and Household Members of Category A Adjunct Executive, Administrative and Professional staff.
The spouse, eligible dependents, and household members of Category A staff members are eligible for a 50 percent reduction of their tuition costs for all Grand Valley State University courses. Spouses, eligible dependents and household members who use this benefit are subject to the admission and academic requirements of the University. The materials describing the program are available in the Human Resources Office.
6. Supplemental Retirement Accounts. Adjunct EAP staff may elect to have the University provide payment for tax deferred saving plans which qualify for IRS Code Section 403(b) and beginning July 1, 2002 section 457(b) status through companies approved by the University. Staff members can defer in such amounts as permitted by the IRS Code Section 403(b) and 457(b). The University retains the right to modify of terminate this optional deferral program upon reasonable notice to the participating staff member. Plan information is available in the Human Resources Office.