Using Google Maps
Google Maps has gained popularity as a quick and easy means of getting directions and maps. You can do general searches such as "restaurants Grand Rapids" or you can search specific addresses (123 Woodland Dr Grand Rapids). You may also notice that if you perform a search in Google that one of the results will often be directions and a maps provided by Google Maps. You can:
- search for maps (any size: neighborhood, city, state, country)
- get directions to and from a location
- search for multiple locations
- see a street view image of the address so you can recognize it when you arrive.
To Use Google Maps:
- Go to https://maps.google.com/
- Put the address you want to search in the search box near the top of the screen
- Click on the search button (looks like a magnifying glass)
- Google Maps will mark the address with a pin on the map and will provide you with the full address, phone number, and email where applicable.
- If you want to get directions, click on the directions button in the search box.
- Type in the address you want to start from. This may be Grand Valley which would be: 1 campus drive Allendale, MI 49401
- Hit Enter
- You will see a route drawn on the map & a list of travel times.
- Click on List all steps & it will show you the written steps to get to your destination.
- To print click on the print icon above the map.
- If you look above the directions you will see icons for cars, bikes, and walking. You can use these to see how long it would take to walk or drive to a specific address.