Student Achievement Testing (SAT) Practice Day
Join us for Grand Valley State University’s
Student Achievement Testing Practice Day!
Saturday, February 4, 2016
Performing Arts Center
- Piano teachers and their students, levels 6-10.
- This practice day is a great way for teachers and students to further their preparation skills for SAT.
- Included will be classes in theory, ear training, technique, and sight-reading; as well as group repertoire classes. Teachers and students will sign up for specific levels of SAT. Classes will be taught by GVSU music faculty: Dr. John Schuster-Craig (theory), Dr. Lee Copenhaver (ear training), Dr. Helen Marlais and Dr. Sookkyung Cho (repertoire classes); Technique and Sight reading classes will be taught by GVSU Piano Pedagogy Certificate Participants.
- The students can attend this SAT practice session day only with their teachers, according to state regulations (unless the teacher signs a release form online).
- It is strongly encouraged to have music memorized for the group repertoire classes. Students will perform their works for other students in their group (teachers and parents are welcome to attend), and Dr. Marlais and Dr. Cho will make helpful suggestions. However, the pieces need not be memorized for this Practice Day. The repertoire can be “works in progress”.
- Please register online at www.gvsu.edu/piano.
- The registration fee is $15.00 for teachers and $5.00 for each student. You may choose to pay the fee online or send in a check.
- The registration form must be completed by the teacher, and not by the students.
- Registration forms and fees are due by Friday, January 27, 2017.
- Questions? Please contact Dr. Helen Marlais (firstname.lastname@example.org 616-331-3390) or Dr. Sookkyung Cho (email@example.com 616-331-2571).
Click here to register. When you register online, you will need the following information:
- The form must be completed by the teacher, and not by the students.
- The teacher’s name and contact information.
- Your students’ name, contact information (email and phone number)
- SAT level for each student.
- Payment method [If you choose to pay online, you will be directed to the online payment system].
- Optional: Teacher Release Form