2020 20th/21st-Century Piano Festival
Join us for GVSU 20th/21st-Century Piano Festival!
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Virtual Recitals on GVSU Social Media
This Festival is a celebration of 20th/21st-century piano music with performances throughout the day!
- Elementary, Middle, High School students
- Each student performs one piece from the 20th or 21st century.
[Click HERE for Online Registration Form]
- No paper registration will be accepted. The registration fee is FREE this year. Registration forms and videos are due by Friday, October 23, 2020.
- All pieces must be memorized. An exception may be made in case of playing a work that uses experimental contemporary techniques. Your selection should not exceed 6 minutes.
- Video-record yourself performing. If you'd like to perform on a different piano, three piano stores have agreed to let students record in their stores - please see below for more information.
- All teachers of participants will receive an evaluation of the student’s performance by GVSU faculty by email.
- Questions? Please contact Dr. Sookkyung Cho at email@example.com.
How to make a video and submit it:
- Make sure your hands and face are shown.
- After making a video, please add your name, the composer's name, and the title of the piece as a caption. Or, if you prefer, please announce them before you play.
- If you'd like to record at one of these piano stores, please contact them directly to make an appointment. Students and families are asked to follow each store's safety measures. We are grateful for their help.:
- West Michigan Piano in Grand Rapids: Ken Wierenga or Jeff Hall, (616) 575-2100
- The Kalamazoo Piano Company: Jessica Hastings, 269-389-0066, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evola Music in Traverse City: Chris Selby, 231-947-3730
- Submit your video file in the Registration Form (file size limit of 5 GB).