2018 MIPERC Conference: Developing Healthy Populations, Communities, and Systems through Interprofessional Collaboration
Date and Time
Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The RSVP deadline has passed for this event.
Note: The MIPERC Conference takes place on September 20 and September 21, 2018.
Barbara Brandt, PhD
Director, National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
Associate Vice President for Education, Academic Health Center,
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Shelly Virva, LCSW
Associate Clinical Director, Behavioral Health Integration,
National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs/Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
Corey Waller, MD, MS, DFASAM
Principal, Health Management Associates; Managing Partner,
Taproot Health Strategies
Life EMS Ambulance
The conference objectives:
Upon conclusion of this event participants will be able to:
- Consider the relevance of interprofessional collaborative practice and interprofessional education approaches to design community, population, and system interventions.
- Propose the application of interprofessional collaborative practice knowledge and skills, commonly used in individual client situations, to communities, populations, and systems.
- Discuss how social, economic, educational, and cultural characteristics affect population and community health.
- Develop an appreciation for the role of advocacy in improving populations and community health.
- Discuss the selection of approaches to evaluate the impact of interprofessional collaborative practice and interprofessional education on populations, community, and system health.
For more information please visit: 2018-miperc-conference-40.htm
Special Projects Coordinator
Office of the Vice Provost for Health
Grand Valley State University